Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

IA3

Company Me

My mission at Company Me is to bring happiness and laughter to people from all walks of life. I strive to be a positive and outgoing individual and let my positivity shine onto others to improve their day.

Business Environment:
Company Me will be competing in the good vibes industry. The good vibes industry is not a very competitive industry as every person wants to be in a good mood, sometimes just needs a little help from someone else to improve their day and nobody has a service solely based on that. As good vibes are all around us in the world today, each country has an absolute advantage in their own country, therefor there is not a lot of trade of good vibes.

Entrepreneurship & Strategy:
As CEO of Company Me, a sole proprietorship, there will be many challenges. This is the best form of company ownership as it is solely ran by just me. The challenges I might face are getting people to pay, for my service of good vibes. Finding a way to promote Company and Product Me will both be difficult, until people see the potential influence I have to improve their days. As a startup business, it is very risky, and as a sole proprietorship, I have unlimited liability for the company, which if I were to fail, would not be good for me.

Management:
In "Manage Oneself," by Peter Drucker, he asks, "What are my strengths? How do I perform? What are my values? Where do I belong?" These are important questions to ask as I learned when I first came to Chatham, maybe I don't have the direct answers I thought I would have. Overtime, I have learned that being positive and making people laugh are my strengths, which is why this is the right path, to sell myself on that. As general manager of Company Me, planning and organizing are easy as waking up every morning realizing it is a new day, with a smile on my face. However, directing and controlling might be harder as sometimes tough situations arise in my day, where it isn't always easy to smile through. A huge part of Company Me is networking, which Kevin Granville says in "How to Manage Your Career," is one of the most important parts of running a business, we don't always realize the basic networks we have around us from school, to work, to sports, or just people from the town. Inside of Company Me, it is surprisingly easily to manage and motivate myself as being happy calls for a great day, and if there is a chance to improve someones day its even better, which is enough motivation for me. 

Marketing:
As CMO of Company Me, promoting Product Me can be difficult at first, but once people have understood the contribution I bring with good vibes and a light attitude, it is an easy sale. Potential customers can be anywhere from a random person walking down the street, or a company who just wants someone with good vibes on their team. Company Me's marketing mix would be: product good vibes and lots of laughs-price can't put a price on a good time-place anywhere that is feeling a little gloomy and needs a lift in spirit-promotion who doesn't want good vibes in their life. Product Me isn't necessarily innovative or new but sometimes people forget to take a step back and live life to the fullest, and thats what I am offering, good vibes to improve day to day life. I could use LinkedIn or social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to reach clients or just passer by's who enjoy good vibes.

Accounting and Finance:
Accounting and finance of Company Me may be the toughest part. After promoting the company, getting people to pay for the service is the difficult part, therefore early on I would not want a lot invested into the company as fear of failure. Overtime, building the company slowly would be the best route for us. 

Information Systems and Operations:
As CIO of Company Me, it would be important to keep track of data on what kind of people are using our product. So when a customer uses us, we have them fill a survey to reach out to more people from their neighborhood or their place of employment. Another useful system would be transaction processing system, as keeping track of economic events is very useful in keeping books in line and staying organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IA5

My favorite guest speaker over the year was Dr. Macagno, who gave us great insight to corporate social responsibility. Before this lesson, I...